Just like anyone else I have things that I value.
- My morning eggs and a cop of St. Louis Blues (coffee)
- A good bowel movement
- Will (my green light is strong)
- Family and true friends
You know how accountants probably sit around and look at calculator magazines? Well gym owners look at equipment catalogs (especially when it's an aspiration), and athlete's look at shoes.
- For some reason I still value shoes. It's extremely dumb but for me they represent a journey.
- Come into my gym looking for a job w/ beat up sneakers or some kind of retro looking things and you'll be gone. Those have a time and a place and neither are for the gym. Casual shoes are for casual wear and beat up zapatos are for your backyard.
- Clothes because they remind me of my past.
- Yeah, I'm that guy that takes ridiculous care of his clothes, so they never wear out. Even right now am wearing a shirt that says 2003.
So what's my point other than physical things are of lesser importance than the pieces of your life that really mean something?
There's one thing I've always valued and been unwilling to take for granted. It's TIME.
It's a little (lot) creepy that a 6yr old gets the idea that life is short but I did. Don't ask me why, I don't want to explain it.
Time is something you'll never get back. You will never see the morning of May 16, 2012 ever again, and if you slept through it, you wasted it.
"A man who dares to waste one hour of time, has not discovered the value of life." -Charles Darwin
Don't waste my Time.
In my opinion Quality always beats Quantity. And people seem to rarely regret what they DID do verses what they DidN'T do.