Follow adamrees on Twitter

Monday, February 21, 2011

What I learned from a 2yr old the other day

Good story for you.

The other night my little sister and nephew were riding in the car and he kept looking at the stars. Btw, my nephew is a funny little 2 yr old kid that does w/e he wants w/o fear and everyone says how he is just like me when I was that age so it kinda hits you. But he has no fear and doesn’t have any stitches, scars, or black eyes yet but probably will, just like his uncle. But when he refers to my little sister Maggie and I he says “My Maggie” and “My Adam”.

So the other night he’s in the car looking at the stars, and I guess it went like this.

Maggie: “Aren’t the stars pretty Jacob?”

Jacob: “Get one for me Maggie”

Maggie: “I can’t they’re too high”

Jacob: “Jump Maggie”

Maggie: “I can’t Jacob, they’re still too high.”

-Pause-

Jacob: “I bet my Adam could get one.”

I thought it was awesome, and totally killed me.

But really we should all be reaching for the stars. Too high to reach jump, and if you can’t get one find someone who can.

Just like anything else, get someone that’s been there, knows what they are talking about and can help you grab your own stars. If it’s w/ sports than jacob probably has a pretty good chance. His mom was a division I athlete, he’s bound to be pretty decent.

The great thing is that I get to be a role model for this kid and show him that he can grab a star for himself, and then I get to be there when he does.


In the mean time, here's a circuit you can try out. We used it to finish up the other day after a heavy leg week.

I have a circuit for you

Pullups x8

Prowler push x15 yds+return

Alternating Ropes x30 seconds

Facepulls x12

3 sets and the facepulls are there as active rest time.

Keeping it simple.







2 comments: