Follow adamrees on Twitter

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Learning: A Humbling Experience

Hello again,
Today Im writing from a very humbled state of mind. During my typical day it seems I am regularly explaining training and psychological concepts and having discussions on differing topics of the same venue. Sometimes it is easy to let myself get a big head. Then I dig into my daily research and somehow my ego gets a nice little reminder and the trips over. 
Point is, learn as much as you can. Someone out there has probably been right where you are already, whether it is training or not. Find good resources and stick with them, they have much to teach. Learn from successful people, there is usually a reason they are there. Most of all, Ask questions. The athletes that have all the answers and no questions probably just don't know much and they will never go as far as they could have with an open mind and a driven attitude. Seek out information like crazy. Knowledge is power, the more you know the better you can train and the better you can perform. Even now after years and years of studying and experience I still find myself looking to others for information to further my knowledge. The more I learn the more it seems like I don't know. There is a whole world out there with tons answers. Dig your feet in and go for. Till next time. 
Go hard or go home.  

-Adam Rees

"Life is 10% what happens to you, 90% how you respond to it."

No comments:

Post a Comment