Follow adamrees on Twitter

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

4 Pieces of Fluflu BALANCE BS That are REAL


Today's post is on BALANCE, as you'll see below. I encourage watching to the end as it takes me awhile to articulate my point.

Best part of all this is that I now go to the toilet WITHOUT my computer/phone (I know and knew how weird that is and was), actually take real showers regularly, do my dishes when I'm done eating, fold my clothes when they're dry, and I'm almost always asleep at a good hour as well as make my bed everyday...Weird. It's the little things in life. Yet I still have time for work.

It may be possible that most people would probably realize how far they'd let life slip when their house, body and mind started to wear the way mine was, trying to carry the world instead of sharing it w/ others. But that's the point of this post, awareness, at least hopefully.



An extra interesting point is that even in college I was almost always in bed well before midnight, always folded my clothes right away, took real showers, dishes weren't really an issue in the cafeteria. How's it get so far so easy. One tiny little slip at a time. H/e one tiny little improvement at a time adds to big things as well.



Some of the other benefits that I was missing include truly listening to and enjoying music, enjoying cooking and really good food, and creating things like this again.

It is interesting what we can learn from strength and conditioning that it can be more than just lifting weights and running a faster 40 time.

Let me know what you think in the comments below.

6 comments:

  1. Good stuff Adam!

    Yin / Yang, Adam / Eve, Protons / Neutrons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great insight Adam! These imbalances are so hard to see in ourselves until we're so far out of sync that we're almost forced to notice them. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently it was for me. If nothing else has been learned, at least know I know that I'm ridiculous at getting back up after being knocked down.

      Blessings in disguise. The harder the better.

      Thanks for the comment. I really like hearing from everyone.

      Delete
  3. Interesting. Good things to think about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting. I like to think so too.

      Delete